The Stepping Strong Young Professionals Council (SSYPC) at The Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation (Stepping Strong) is a young professionals group dedicated to empowering trauma research and care through education, training, and advocacy. Members consist of motivated individuals in their 20s and 30s who are willing to volunteer, fundraise, and raise awareness for the Stepping Strong Center through social media and other means.
The SSYPC provides young professionals in Boston the opportunity to network, learn, socialize, and give back. In addition to biannual meetings for Council members, the SSYPC hosts quarterly educational events, ad hoc community events and fundraisers, and exclusive networking opportunities open to all young professionals interested in supporting the Stepping Strong Center.
You will be responsible for building awareness and connections for the Stepping Strong Center in your personal and professional communities. You will provide volunteer guidance, training, and advocacy; assist with fundraising; and support ongoing community events. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Attending at least two Council meetings per year.
- Attending at least one educational, one networking, and one fundraising event per year (totaling at least 3 events).
- Communicating and promoting Stepping Strong’s mission and programs by posting at least twice on your personal social media channels (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and tagging @steppingstrongcenter, @steppingstrong1, and #steppingstrong.
- Supporting event planning and coordination as needed.
- Attending and supporting community events (e.g., One Boston Day, B.A.A. 5K, Boston Marathon, Step Up for Stepping Strong) hosted by the SSYPC, Stepping Strong Advisory Board, or the Stepping Strong Center.
- Generating attendance among your personal and professional networks for community events.
- Building awareness and connections for the Stepping Strong Center in your personal and professional communities.
- Brainstorming new fundraising ideas and community event opportunities.
- You are 21 to 39 years of age.
- You have access to a network of peers and colleagues to help spread the Stepping Strong Center’s mission, recruit for the SSYPC, and leverage for fundraising initiatives.
- You are highly motivated, hard-working, eager to learn, and able to motivate others.
- You are able to attend in-person events in the Boston area.
- You are able to commit to at least one year on the Council.
- Opportunity to be a part of a group of like-minded people, network with Boston professionals at community events, and have fun.
- Chance to participate in volunteer opportunities at the Stepping Strong Center, including volunteering at One Boston Day, the Boston Marathon, B.A.A. 5K, Step Up for Stepping Strong, and more.
- Ability to inspire groundbreaking trauma innovation to transform care for civilians and military heroes who endure trauma, the number one cause of death for people 46 years of age and under.
- Chance to improve injury prevention, empower the public to act as first responders in life-threatening emergencies (e.g., CPR, Stop the Bleed), and make a difference in your community.
- Ability to grow as a professional and as a leader.
If you are interested in joining the SSYPC, read the requirements above and apply now. A member of the Stepping Strong Center team will contact you to schedule a brief, 15-minute Zoom interview.
If you’re not able to commit to being a member right now, sign up here to become a Friend of the Young Professionals Council and stay up to date on our latest events and announcements. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.